Friday, February 14, 2014

ISTJ: The Early Years

Thought I'd share a couple stories from when I was around five to seven years old, that upon looking back strike me as affirmations that I've always been this way.

I remember standing in the hallway looking up at my dad, & I don't remember what sparked it (I think nothing, actually, but won't swear on it), but he accusingly asked me if I'd just rolled my eyes at him. I said that I didn't think so, but don't know what it means. He explained, complete with a demonstration, & I replied that I hadn't done that, but it could look like I did because I have to look up to see him since he's so much taller than I am. I got sent to my room.

I wasn't going to eat cooked carrots, are you crazy? Those are so icky. I was told I'd be sitting at the table until I ate the carrots. I knew that this could not actually happen, as life has many other factors. I had a bedtime. Carrots can mold eventually. My parents wouldn't let me starve, or make me eat moldy food. I sat at the table until told to go to bed. & was never again told to eat vegetables I didn't want. (My mom would give me raw carrots, or some other vegetable that I didn't mind. Good solution.)

I once accidentally said that I didn't know about something that I did in fact know. But as the person I was with explained the thing that I did in fact know, they tossed in some information I hadn't previously known. This led me to a brief phase of playing ignorant in hopes that this tactic would work for more things... but it really didn't, it mostly just got me looked at funny. Thus I decided that deceit was not as rewarding as sometimes made out to be.

My first grade class got a new kid. I described her to my mom as "not as brown" as a particular other classmate, but "more brown" than another.

No comments:

Post a Comment