Friday, December 27, 2013

Books I Read in 2013

I like Goodreads for keeping track of my lists. List of books to read, & list of books that I have read. & I can easily sort them in different ways. Mmmmmm. Lists & sorting.
This is the first year that I really kept a To Read list & worked on reading things from it, so I thought I'd share the pages I went through this year. In chronological order. Not counting books I had already read previously.

-------

1. Red Prophet (Tales of Alvin Maker, #2)

2. The Folk of the Fringe

3. Prentice Alvin (Tales of Alvin Maker, #3)

4. Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)

5. Introverts in the Church: Finding Our Place in an Extroverted Culture

6. Alvin Journeyman (Tales of Alvin Maker, #4)

7. The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength

8. Heartfire (Tales of Alvin Maker, #5)

9. The Crystal City (Tales of Alvin Maker, #6)

10. Lost Boys

11. Treasure Box

12. The Worthing Saga (Worthing, #1-3)

13. The Giver (The Giver Quartet, #1)

14. No Country for Old Men

15. Five Children and It (Five Children, #1)

16. Around the World in Eighty Days

17. Anna and the King of Siam

18. Fairest

19. Spock Must Die! (Star Trek Adventures, #1)

20. Earth Afire (The First Formic War, #2)

21. Hot Sleep (Worthing, #2)

22. Battle Royale

23. Stargate SG-1: Dialing up. The Official Guide to Season 1-5

24. Jesus Without Religion: What Did He Say? What Did He Do? What's the Point?

25. A Year of Biblical Womanhood

26. We

27. With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #7)

28. With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #8)

29. Sherlock Holmes: Misteri Yang Tak Terpecahkan (A Slight Trick of the Mind)

30. True Grit

31. Instant Mom

32. The Pastor: A Memoir

33. Thus Spoke Zarathustra

34. The Pulse

35. I am currently reading: Glass, Paper, Beans: Revelations on the Nature and Value of Ordinary Things

-------

Not bad, I think! You can see that this is the year that I tried reading Orson Scott Card books besides Enderverse stuff; I reeeaaally enjoy The Tales of Alvin Maker. I quit reading two books this year... I was bored to tears by the writing style of Eragon, & Thus Spoke Zarathustra got pretty redundant. I've also reached a point where I am currently bored of dystopias.

Goals for next year, reading-wise: read more non-fiction, more stuff I've compiled on my Nook HD, & more non-ACD Sherlock stuff. Maybe. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment